Free Payroll Video Tips
Analyzing and Journalizing Payroll
- Record payrolls in payroll registers and post to employees' earnings records.
- Understand the various deductions—both voluntary and involuntary (taxes and garnishments)—that are taken out of employees' gross pay.
- Journalize the entries to record the payroll and payroll taxes.
- Post to the various general ledger accounts that are used to accumulate information from the payroll entries.
- Explain the recording of the payroll tax deposits.
- Understand the need for end-of-period adjustments.
Free Accounting Video Tips
To receive our free weekly accounting video tips, go to Free Accounting Video Tips.